Rising costs of electricity are adding to the escalating overheads faced by UK farmers and effect profitability. Farm buildings can provide large, uncomplicated roof space which are ideal for a PV installation which can help farmers significantly reduced their energy bills.
High Energy Users
Refrigeration warehouses, grain stores, dairy units, chicken housing, etc require a lot of energy to operate. They also provide excellent opportunities for agricultural solar panels to help reduce electricity costs. Matching the daytime generation from the panels to the electricity demand within the building is the most efficient way to use solar energy as it means that the business needs to import less energy from the grid which costs twice as much as solar.
What’s the future of solar panels for agricultural buildings?
- Reduces costs from energy suppliers
- Remains profitable
- Adds value to your business/farm
- Reduces carbon footprint
- Can be bought at a fixed cost of 5p per unit including projected operations and maintenance costs.
Solar is an excellent low risk technology as:
- Well established tried and tested technology in the UK
- Average yields are very predictable
- Panels and inverters have long robust warranties
- Maintenance is minimal - no moving parts